Senior IS Business Analyst - Materials Management- Reference #2117
Company Description:Large Supplier of IT Solutions
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical SAP - MM configuration expertise to deliver the best feasible solutions for the Purchasing Department
- Document SAP - MM configuration and processes in accordance with IS department standards
- Develop positive working relationships with the Business Organization (liaison between Purchasing and SAP)
- Gather and document Business Requirements and opportunities for Business Process Improvement
- Design and document Business Processes including the development of business cases to support implementation if necessary
- Analyze Change Requests from Business Organization in light of current Business Blueprint, including impact on other areas (modules) of SAP
- Follow and understand changes in other areas (modules) of SAP and how they will affect SAP - MM
- Support Change Requests, including the justification of a Business Case when necessary, and align with overall business and technology goals and objectives
- Responsible for testing (unit and integration) the solution before release to Production, including submission of appropriate integration test specifications
- As mentor on the SAP - MM team develop and refine skills of teammates in areas of client relationship, business analysis, and technical understanding
- BS/BA, MBA desirable.
- Minimum 5 years in a Purchasing business environment conducting business analysis, requirements definition, problem solving in an aggressive sales driven distribution environment. Preferably some experience with an electronics reseller.
- Minimum 2 years broad experience with SAP R/3 Materials Management configuration in areas such as Purchasing including dropships and contracts, Material Master, Vendor Master, Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Inventory Allocation, etc. Minimum two full implementations or upgrades required. Knowledge of ABAP, debugging skills, and ability to write code a plus.
- Highly articulate in both oral and written communication for presentation, negotiation, and persuasion.
Location: Western Suburb of Chicago, IL
Submit resume for this position
to position listings